LANSING, Mich. — Neogen Corporation announced that it has received the Performance Tested Method Certification from the AOAC Research Institute for its Reveal 3-D for Gluten test.
The AOAC certification (No. 122201) provides independent validation that the Reveal 3-D for Gluten test meets the AOAC standard for the screening of gluten residues in environmental samples. Also included in this certification is acceptance for use within processes governed by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO), a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America (GIG). GIG is a 501c3 non-profit organization that empowers the gluten-free community through consumer support, advocacy, and education.
"With this certification, we once again demonstrate the continued reliability of our assays and our commitment to providing trustworthy, dependable solutions for producers around the world," said John Adent, Neogen's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our customers can confidently utilize our Reveal 3-D for Gluten tests to help gluten-intolerant and allergic customers minimize exposure to allergens."
Neogen's Reveal 3-D for Gluten is a single-step lateral flow immunochromatographic assay that utilizes a simple, rapid methodology to qualitatively detect gluten residues in environmental and food samples as low as 5 parts per million (ppm).
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- FDA Proposes Redesign of Human Foods Program
- Statement from International Dairy Foods Association on Proposed Changes to the FDA Human Foods Program
- AFDO Reacts to FDA Commissioner's Human Foods Proposal
- International Fresh Produce Association Supports FDA Announcement; Awaits More Details
- Upright Brooms by Perfex
- FDA Announces Action Levels for Lead in Categories of Processed Baby Foods
- Tara Stroud Joins Highland Ag Solutions as Director of Customer Success
- Coalition Calls on FDA to Outline Meaningful Reforms in Announcement on Foods Program