We polled readers on whether or not they were ready for the FASTER Act sesame regulation that went live Jan. 1. The regulation added sesame to the list of eight major allergens. Here's what they said.
Were you ready for the FASTER Act sesame regulation that went live Jan. 1?
Good news! Everyone was ready. In fact, when we polled readers last year ahead of the act going into affect, 29% were already controlling for sesame prior to the Jan. 1, 2023, date.
For more on the new regulation and some advice on how to manage it, check out our March/April 2022 story on controlling the ingredient.
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- FDA Proposes Redesign of Human Foods Program
- Statement from International Dairy Foods Association on Proposed Changes to the FDA Human Foods Program
- AFDO Reacts to FDA Commissioner's Human Foods Proposal
- International Fresh Produce Association Supports FDA Announcement; Awaits More Details
- Upright Brooms by Perfex
- FDA Announces Action Levels for Lead in Categories of Processed Baby Foods
- Tara Stroud Joins Highland Ag Solutions as Director of Customer Success
- Coalition Calls on FDA to Outline Meaningful Reforms in Announcement on Foods Program